Boxed Halal’s Zabihah Halal Beef Stew Pieces is boneless and comes from humanely raised and hand-slaughtered cows and is sold in 2 lb. packs.
All of our facilities have been inspected and approved for the processing, packing and labeling of Halal meat and poultry products -view our Halal Certificate
- 4 tbs. olive oil
- 2 lbs. Boxed Halal Beef Stew Pieces
- 2 tbs. flour
- 1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 c. beef stock
- 1 tbs. tomato paste
- 1 tbs. tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 1/2 tbs. butter
- 1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, chopped
- pinch of salt and black pepper
- Place Halal Beef Stew Pieces, garlic, bay leaf, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar and dried thyme in a bowl and allow to marinade in refrigerator overnight (for at least 6 hours).
- Remove meat from the marinade and pat to dry. Put marinade aside and cook dried meat in olive oil until browned, remove from pan and sat aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in the same large, deep pan until golden. Add a small amount of extra oil (if necessary) and add in carrots. Make sure to stir well and scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Toss browned halal beef boti in the flour and add back into the pan along with the remaining marinade, beef stock, tomato puree, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 60-90 minutes until the meat is tender.
- Add chopped mushrooms and simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes. Add butter to the sauce and allow to melt (this makes for a rich, smooth taste).
- Serve with potatoes, pasta or rice and enjoy!
Share your photos and recipes with us! Tag us on Instagram @boxedhalal
We send fresh product so time is of the essence. When you receive your order, refrigerate or freeze immediately. Please cook your meat as soon as possible. Shelf-life for fresh meat is 7 days and shelf- life for frozen meat is 30 days.