Boxed Halal’s Zabihah Halal Ground Beef comes from humanely raised and hand-slaughtered cows and is sold in 2 lb. packs.
All of our facilities have been inspected and approved for the processing, packing and labeling of Halal meat and poultry products -view our Halal Certificate
Halal Ground Beef Stuffed Eggplant
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 large eggplants
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 2 lbs. Boxed Halal Ground Beef
- 32 oz. vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice eggplant in half, length-wise and scoop out the fleshy insides. Roughly chop the removed insides into cube-sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add onions. Cook 3-4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add Boxed Halal Ground Beef, chopped eggplant and spices to the pan. Continue to mix until beef is almost cooked through.
- Pour half (16 oz.) of the vegetable broth into the pan and simmer until mostly evaporated and set aside.
- Place sliced eggplant in an oven-safe baking dish and add remaining vegetable broth to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes until eggplant is soft and the meat is browned on top.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, serve with rice or potatoes and enjoy!
Share your photos and recipes with us! Tag us on Instagram @boxedhalal
We send fresh product so time is of the essence. When you receive your order, refrigerate or freeze immediately. Please cook your meat as soon as possible. Shelf-life for fresh meat is 7 days and shelf- life for frozen meat is 30 days.