Boxed Halal’s Halal Ground Chicken comes from humanely raised chickens and is sold in 2 pound packages.
All of our facilities have been inspected and approved for the processing, packing and labeling of Halal meat and poultry products -view our Halal Certificate.
Ground Chicken Stuffed Eggplant
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 large eggplants
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 2 lbs. Boxed Halal Ground Chicken
- 32 oz. vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice eggplant in half, length-wise and scoop out the fleshy insides. Roughly chop the removed insides into cube-sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add onions. Cook 3-4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add Boxed Halal Ground Chicken, chopped eggplant and spices to the pan. Continue to mix until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Pour half (16 oz.) of the vegetable broth into the pan and simmer until mostly evaporated and set aside.
- Place sliced eggplant in an oven-safe baking dish and add remaining vegetable broth to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes until eggplant is soft and the meat is browned on top.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, serve with rice or potatoes and enjoy!
Share your photos and recipes with us! Tag us on Instagram @boxedhalal
We send fresh product so time is of the essence. When you receive your order, refrigerate or freeze immediately. Please cook your meat as soon as possible for best quality.