Boxed Halal’s Halal Ground Chicken comes from humanely raised chickens and is sold in 2 lb. packs.
All of our facilities have been inspected and approved for the processing, packing and labeling of Halal meat and poultry products -view our Halal Certificate
Ground Chicken Stuffed Eggplant
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 large eggplants
- 1/4 c. chopped onion
- 2 lbs. Boxed Halal Ground Chicken
- 32 oz. vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice eggplant in half, length-wise and scoop out the fleshy insides. Roughly chop the removed insides into cube-sized pieces and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add onions. Cook 3-4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add Boxed Halal Ground Chicken, chopped eggplant and spices to the pan. Continue to mix until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Pour half (16 oz.) of the vegetable broth into the pan and simmer until mostly evaporated and set aside.
- Place sliced eggplant in an oven-safe baking dish and add remaining vegetable broth to the bottom of the pan.
- Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes until eggplant is soft and the meat is browned on top.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley, serve with rice or potatoes and enjoy!